Ethiopia Sustainable Development Platform (ESDP)
Ethiopia Sustainable Development Platform’s mission is to self-organize and coordinate civil society organizations’ contributions towards the implementation, and follow up and review of Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063 inline with Ethiopia’s Vision to Ten Years Perspective Development Plan, 2021 – 2030.
- To self-organize, coordinate and document civil society organizations’ contributions towards the implementation, follow-up, and monitoring of Sustainable development in Ethiopia.
- To facilitate sharing of knowledge, experiences best practices, and innovations among civil society organizations and other actors engaging in sustainable development implementation in Ethiopia
- To create a platform for government institutions, United Nations, development partners, and other stakeholders to engage with civil society organizations on implementation, monitoring, accountability, and financing of sustainable development in Ethiopia
- To produce annual joint civil society implementation reports, and national shadow reports on sustainable development implementation in Ethiopia
- To contribute towards the development of nationally appropriate innovations and solutions for effective joint implementation, follow-up and monitoring, reviews, and reporting of the global, regional, and national development agendas
- – To promote domestication of Agenda 2063 and Sustainable Development Goals in Ethiopia through national dialogues, capacity building workshops (targeting regional hubs/ platforms, media houses, local government authorities, and policymakers).
- To lobby and hold accountable the central government, local government authorities, the national parliament, and private sector for their commitments, policy, institutional arrangements, and resources allocation towards the implementation, follow-up, and monitoring of the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063.
- By increasing knowledge about the SDGs in the Ethiopia CSOs and strengthening national and regional networks, the platform aims to promote and enhance civil society inclusion in and contributions to development, implementation, monitoring, and reporting on the SDGs.
Register here: ESDP
- Client: Kers
- Location: Usa
- Completed Date: 2018
- Project Value: 50k
- Mananer: Masud Rana
- Designer: Istiak